As we prapare for this 21 days of fasting and praying this scripture comes to my mind. This is a song of praise and expectation that you start singing from the first day to the end of the 21 days.
“And on this Mount [Zion] shall the Lord of hosts make for all peoples a feast of rich things [symbolic of His coronation festival inaugurating the reign of the Lord on earth, in the wake of a background of gloom, judgment, and terror], a feast of wines on the lees—of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.
And He will destroy on this mountain the covering of the face that is cast over the heads of all peoples [in mourning], and the veil [of profound wretchedness] that is woven and spread over all nations. Isaiah 25:6-8
A mountain is a high elevation on the earth surface, a symbol and place of spiritual elevation. The higher our elevation the closer you are to God. Fasting is your passport, visa and ticket to the mountain of God.
There are five spiritual ‘heights’ or elevations that we need to know about. This will help us to understand the place of the a spiritual mountain. Briefly these are
1. Abyss or Hell. Satan rules supreme there.
2. Valley. Literarily means a depression on the surface of the earth but connotes a state of spiritual comma. Valleys are for decision making and state of confusion, state of despair and long excruciating suffering. A valley is the last stop-over before the final downward spiral which is the abyss. You cannot rise from the valley without the help of God. Remember the Prophet Ezekiel saw multitudes of dry bones in Valley of death. Ezekiel 37:1, Psalm 84:6.
3. Wilderness. A wilderness is literarily a plain, lowland and it connotes a place of testing, learning, correction, warfare, refining, pruning and waiting time for the appointed time. It is a place of temptation and failing out of grace. Jesus Christ was tempted in the wilderness. The wilderness is a battle zone between the forces of hell and the forces of heaven. This is the recruiting ground for the angels of the devil. The Israelites were in the wilderness for 38 years for correction, training and orientation. Man is always swinging between the valley and the wilderness.
4. Mountain. A mountain is the highest spiritual elevation on earth. Below the mountain is the wilderness of suffering and learning, above the mountain is the throne of God. A mountain is like the heavens on earth and an altar where God meets with men and men who are able to climb this mountain met with God. You are able to climb into this mountain during this 21 days of praying and fasting. Mountains are for those who want to know more of God, have more of God, dine with God and have a conversation with God. Mountains are for victories, fortresses, deliverance and fortification. God always wins here but satan visits mountain too. Abraham was attempted to sacrifice Isaac on Mount Horeb. Moses received the 10 commandments in the mount Horeb. Moses and Joshua were buried on mountain Ebal. The transfiguration of Jesus was Mt Tabor.
5. Heaven. The final elevation or depression depending on whether count from top to bottom or from bottom to top. It is the seat of God’s throne and God reign supreme in heaven.
As you prepare for this 21 days of fasting and [the day of the Lord], prepare to enter the zone where you can have a conversation with your God, tell Him what you want and hear Him tell you what He has for you. You will receive directions, revelations, instructions, clarifications, grace and power. The Lord has promised us a five course meal, feast of many dishes and a wine on the lees and you can take that promise to the bank.
Why do I sound so confident? I am confident of this because the LORD of Hosts (Jehovah Tsebaoth) is no ordinary God. He is the most fearsome of all the characters of God. He is also the:
• God of Battle or Lord of the armies
• Commander in Chief of the army of God
• He never lost any battle
• He is the consuming fire
• Mentioned 282 times in the Bible.
Note, the LORD of Hosts does not come to give you what was promised to you, He comes to return what was taken from you – Dignity, Destiny, Honor, Respect, Salvation etc. 1 Sam 1:11., 1 Sam 17:45-47. Blessed is the man that trusts in the LORD of Hosts. Ps 84:12.
Note that it is “Fasing and Prayer” because it is the fasting that makes the prayers effective.
Friends and Partner of Twogether For Ever, this 21 days will be like no other 21 days in your life! I am not aware one single person that fasting in the bible without getting answers to their prayers. You will be elevated to a mountain where the LORD of Hosts will Remember you!. He has promised you a feast of different dishes. (Great marriages, restorations, good health, husbands, wives, children, job, peace etc). Dig in by faith and take your pick. It’s a five course meal and it’s paid for.
May God bless his word.