And the LORD said, Behold, the people are one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Genesis 11:6
Communication is the engine that runs a relationship. Relationships [including marriage] start from communication and end when there is no communication. Have you noticed that the first thing that the devil attacks in a relationship is the couple’s communication? You can tell how a couple is doing by what they are saying or not saying.
Here are 5 reasons to keep communicating with your spouse.
1. Husband and wife who communicate with each other are always unstoppable. The bible says that nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them to do. They become a team, they use their strength and protect their weakness, they focus on a particular project and get it done all because they can communicate.
2. Couples who communicate with each other understand themselves better. What is communication? In my book communication is the art of transferring information and feelings. It is an art because you have to learn when to speak, how to speak and where to speak in order to command the utmost attention of your listener. You can only gain this knowledge by communicating.
3. Couples who communicate with each other rarely cheat on themselves. It is harder for such couple to maintain a relationship other than their spouse without giving up their secret. If my wife knows where I am and what I am doing at all times there is hardly any room to play around. Sometimes when I travel overseas I feel like my wife is watching me because we are always communicating.
4. Couples who communicate with each other keep their information themselves. There is a research that says that the average woman use 20, 000 per day while the average man use 12, 500 words per day. It is better that your spouse talks to you than talk to somebody else including; his mother; his ex; her best friend or her coworker.
5. Where there is no communication there is no relationship. Good communication is the beginning of the deepest level of intimacy. If you are communicating, you can pretty much tell what will happen when the lights are off. It removes guess works and rejections if you know what I mean.